Friday, October 5, 2012

My Halloween Mantel 2012


For some reason, I’m totally obsessed with owls this year.I couldn’t wait to start hunting and gathering the items for my mantel!
So, I went with owls and a black, white and silver color scheme.
I found this guy at TJ Maxx ($14.99).
I’d been thinking about buying this vase (black silhouettes of trees and crows on it) for 2 years!  I finally broke down and got it this year ($14.99 at TJ Maxx).  The silver candelabra was found at Savers ($3.99).
This amazing specimen was discovered at Ross ($9.99).
He was exactly what I had been looking for!  I picked up several old books (orange or black bindings) at Savers ($.99—$5.99) and the perfect candlestick on the left was the thrifted item I got from Christine in the Sweet & Sinister Swap! 
 
Oh, the frame hanging over the mantel was from Michael's ($25 on sale), and the subway art inside was from TJ Maxx ($7.99).  Aside from a few new candles and pumpkins, that was pretty much it.  Now it's time to start on the rest of the house!
 
Up next, the Sweet & Sinister Swap reveal!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stoppin' by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!