Beef Barbacoa(Recipe adapted from That Skinny Chick)
- To make the adobo sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotles, tomato paste, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Remove any excess fat from the roast and then cut into a few large chunks.
- Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
- Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat.
- Pour in the beer and add bay leaves and onions.
- Cook on high heat 6 hours or on low all day.
- Shred the meat with two forks and serve with tortillas and a variety of toppings when ready.