This one is quick and easy, hence the name... Quick & Easy Pasta Carbonara. Fifteen minutes from the stove to the table (or the countertop if you're at my house). Use any kind of pasta you have on hand. I used rigatoni. It would also be good if you threw some frozen peas in towards the end of cooking. I might try that next time!
Serves 4 - 6.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and cheese; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; leave about 2 tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Working quickly, stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, topped with more cheese, if desired.