Lately, I've had a donut obsession. For some reason, the other day I brought home 2 dozen donuts from the donut shop. There was no way that the four of us would eat all those donuts before they went stale! I wasn't about to let any of that donutty goodness go to waste, so I searched the internet for donut bread pudding recipes (my mom makes bread pudding with day old cinnamon rolls so I figured day old donuts would work too). So, here's my adaptation of a couple of recipes I found:
Donut Bread Pudding
- 10 day old glazed donuts
- 1/2 qt heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 7 ozs sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso (chilled)
- Cut doughnuts into cubes. Mix other ingredients in a bowl except chocolate chips, sweetened milk and espresso.
- Pour over doughnuts. Sprinkle chocolate chip over mixture. Bake at 350
degreesfor 60 minutes.
- Whip espresso and sweetened condensed milk spoonful on top of bread pudding when serving.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge.
This recipe was a hit with the family! My oldest boy ate two servings and made "yummy" comments the whole time he ate! We'll do this one again!!
|My Journey with Breast Cancer|