It's really easy to make! The hardest part is going into the kitchen to stir it every 15 minutes! Pam bakes her granola a little longer than the recipe and she says she adds a little bit more of everything! Oh, and REAL maple syrup is a MUST!
Go ahead! Make some for yourself!! You're gonna LOVE it!!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews (I used Trader Joe's Raw Cashew Pieces.)
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (I may have added a bit more.)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used real maple syrup!)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins (I used chopped, dried cherries instead.)
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins (or whatever dried fruit you want) and mix until evenly distributed.